Five Tips On How To Market and Sell Your Homes
1. Know Who Your Buyer Is: It’s important that you and your team understand who the buyer is that you want to attract. Having a home that is targeted to a younger buyer when you are an age restricted community can turn off a buyer. One of our most successful merchandising tools though has been having a “Grandkids guest room” - buyers want to know that their families will be welcome to visit.
2. Budgets Matter: You never want to over merchandise your homes - they should show a lifestyle that the customer can aspire to without costing more than they can afford.
3. Kill The Clutter: Resist the urge to use your homes as storage units. Most customers are looking for a new, stress-free lifestyle and having a home full of “stuff” isn’t an incentive to move.
4. Content Is King: Consumers have embraced the “DIY” movement - use your homes to show them ideas and tips on how they can personalize their new homes, even when they are on a budget. Share how to achieve these looks in your social media and marketing tools - it will give them a reason to keep coming back, and to remember you.
5. We Have Turned Into A Visual Society: You can’t take too many photos, especially if they are of happy residents, and beautiful homes. This is the easiest and most cost effective way to attract buyers to your homes - just be sure that your photos are well done and accurately represent your homes and your community.